Sunday, December 6, 2009

Saturday recap

Enthusiasts -

A series of thoughts (chronologically organized) after Saturday's athletic activities...

- Portsmouths match early on proves once again that the ball never lies. (1:20 thru 2:10)

- Cesc and Lampard, you are both single handedly killing my chances in my paid EPL fantasy league...quit fecking up from the penalty spot!!!

- Cech: Dodgy as feck (even The Dodgy Keeper knows on a free kick, the keeper must cover their half while the wall gets the other, but that was basically down the center...if they get it up and down over it, good on 'em) Meanwhile in the rest of the match, it felt like the entire Chelsea squad picked up a caution in the loss to Man City.

- I bet my NCAA Men's Soccer bracket is in better shape than yours right now. Big ups to my boy at Akron for making it to the Final Four; now for the ACC portion of your non-conference schedule...

- Although I hate that conferences have championship games (I think everyone should play everyone once and that should suffice...which would mean no rediculous 12 team conferences), I found it neat that all 6 BCS conferences basically had conference championships late on. That being said, I also find it ironic that all were very competitive and came down to the last drive...except for the #1 vs. #2 matchup in the SEC?!

- Notre Dame, did you actually let your players decide whether they want to play in a bowl or not? You really have lost control...

- Tucsonans, how priceless was it watching the Wildcats beat USC at the Coliseum, then watch Jim Click accompany Mike Stoops during ABC's interview? (FYI, Click is a large regional car salesman) I would talk more about the Cats, but I'm still lamenting them being one play (out of many) away from going to the Rose Bowl.

As for the play of the day, have a look here for an extraordinary finish (despite the game not meaning much).


Somebody console The Puck and his Cal Golden Bears, it might be the Las Vegas Bowl for them. Enjoy the NFL.


Platapus, aka The Dodgy Keeper

No comments: