Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Holiday's = PC BS

Collaborators -

It's nice to partake again. Big up's to the Puck for keeping up on recent events, and doubly so for finding a pic of my girl - too bad I don't know the douche grabbing on to her...I'll have to sort that out on my own later. Other than that mess, I recently rediscovered that Arizona is still a nice winter destinatation, and that it's warmth this time of year doesn't get old.

Great to see college bowls get underway. As always, the amount of bowl games is perplexing - obviously it's great that the sponsors can throw at least $300,000 toward the schools and conferences competing in each, but I'd love to see the books on how that's economically feasible between pairs of 6-6 or 7-5 teams. I am humored by the competition between the Little Cesars and PappaJohns.com Bowls....I think they should have to play in the same time slot to battle for ratings, winning team from the highest rated game taking the spoils from both bowl games! I'm sure after I achieve higher success later on I will wax eloquent regarding my bowl selections for the season...they just need time to develop.

In related news, my NFL fantasy team doesn't need time to develop as they are in the league championship this coming week. As last years defending champ, I've surely established some amount of prowess in this area of statistical analysis. Feel free to drop questions for your players in the last week on the message boward below, I'd love to answer them. Regarding the actual football competition itself, next week will be interesting - the NFC is only waiting to determine whether Philly or Dallas wins the East, while the AFC has a shitshow of teams competing to the wire for the wild card spots under numerous circumstances (64 for thsoe scoring at home). And for those concerned, don't worry; the Rams only need to lose 1 more game to lock up the first draft pick. I complimented their fans in the Phoenix airport yesterday, because it obviously takes a tremendous passion to be an away supporter for that franchise.

I always feel bad for the college basketball players that never get a winter break like other students. At least they have games that postpone finals for them, or let them take them on the road (I'm sure that's a great perk).

Boxing Day fixtures in the EPL are fantastic for the fans, it makes up for not having matches in other leagues to watch. Don't look now, but Portsmouth have decided against indifference to picking up points, and Birmingham is making a run at the biggun's up top thanks to an airtight defense.

There's always one miserable team from La Liga every year. Xerex, congratulations - you're this season's punching bag. Hope you're enjoying the top flight bonus every other year.

Can Bundesliga fans take the league seriously when it holds less matches and takes its hiatus right when fans are most apt to watch over the holiday season? At least we know the player's union is doing its job in that league, good for them I suppose...

Someone tell the Serie A to slow down the play and keep more possession. For all the fans that "love the possession game", look what you've encouraged...I hope you're ashamed, that used to be the world's best league.

Big up's to Banfield for reaching their first championship in 117 years. There's no jumping on that bandwagon - you're either a lifer for them or knew nothing about it from the start.

Lastly, and aside from athletics, some political correctness nonesense needs settled - stop saying "Happy Holiday's" around Christmas time. If you know one of the 5 million celebrating Kwanzaa this time of year, wish them happiness more specifically. Other than that, you should be smart enough to know that either A) Chanukuh has already passed, or B) you should really just wish people a Merry Christmas.

God bless, eat your vegetables
The Dodgy Keeper

No comments: