Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lambastards

Participants -

Great to see you still enthused. I'd have posted earlier about Arenas, but it hurts to see a Wildcat alum act this stupid. Hopefully the crippled Blazers can strike a deal with the Bullets errrr Wizards now that they are in desperate need for a guard.

Speaking of the Blazers, did you hear the news? Chris Dudley has stopped running for office in Oregon, he wants Greg Oden's open position instead.

NCAA Football Championship is tonight, at least regarding the Coaches Poll. I hope the game ends 6-3 in 2OT to Texas, with the turnover margin at 14-12 in favor of the Horns. Like Josh Hairnet at the end of Lucky Number S7evin, "Feck you both." (3:35)

Amazingly, I care more about pro football at the moment. Glad to see the Cardinals didn't bite when Green Bay kept taunting them by running it up. That being said, why was Anquan Boldin ever in? Nobody's talking about him missing out like Wes Welker, but their situations are comparable.

Did I mention that I won my NFL Fantasy League? If I didn't mention that I won my NFL Fantasy League, I meant to say that I won my NFL Fantasy League...

Also in the NFL, the Redskins got a much needed change at head coach - introducing...







Of course, a familiar face to those in the Pacific NW.

And hey, it's a good thing Mike Vick came back this year: 6-13, 86 yds, 1 td. In case you needed a reminder, you blew it.

Speaking of people blowing it, golf says it'll be the same as before without Tiger. Frankly, I think they're spot on, because we all could give a feck less about 40 and 50-somethings that can't run. The only reason your sport even had ratings was that the same age demographic left their TV's on when they took a nap.

In that demographic, I only have respect for one man - Randy Johnson. Big up's for the Big Unit, and may your mullet live on forever.

Moving on to entertaining sports (and because another word would've been one too much about baseball), how the hell are the Phoenix Coyotes one of the top 3 teams in the Western Conference? This was the team whose coach (Mr. Great One) left them for dead before the season, and whose town/ownership would at any point be likely to do the same. At a scratch above 10,000 for average home attendance, you'd think that Phoenix would do better with an MLS team in the summer. By no means am I complaining though...

Over in England, the English media saying former Burnley boss Coyle is moving backwards by going to Bolton. I guess they forgot 3 top 8 finishes the last 5 years for Bolton, and that the club is courting Guti from Real Madrid. It's hard to take their media seriously...I'd rather let the teams' actions stand for themselves. (Top 10 goal of the year for sure) That being said, as much as I hate him sometimes, I hope Landon does well.

Can't wait for the Olympics, might even have to get a DVR for it. How badass would ski jumping be? Or the skeleton luge (headfirst, for those unaware), if you perfected the technique...? Ice dancing I can live without, but I'm stoked all the same.

I just drive past a lady that was eating and on her cell phone in Washington (illegal)...but with a handicap sticker. WTF?

Anyway, enjoy the end of the week...more ironies to come I'm sure.

The Dodgy Keeper



PS - I'm passing on the prediction of a significant earthquake in LA sometime in 2010...you probably heard it here first.

No comments: