Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm not a big Hockey Fan but...


I'm pretty sure the NHL Winter Classic is probably the best idea any sport has had recently. Growing up in California, Hockey was typically played on inline skates and I didn't really have any part of it. Moving to Oregon, I've tried to give Hockey a chance. I've been to several Winterhawks games and enjoyed it. I tried to get into Hockey at the end of last season but it didn't really happen.
But this winter classic has me interested. The LSU-Penn State game is a pretty good (although the turf is terrible and is another example of bowls being a joke) but I'm finding myself switching to the Hockey game. Two classic sports towns, in one of the most storied and legendary venue don't know if it gets much better then this.

No comments: