Monday, January 18, 2010

My Ill Post


So I'm stuck in Seattle currently suffering from some kind of germ (its probably not h1n1, i just like the pic). One upside is that I get to watch a lot of soccer on TV (the downside is you don't get sleep and there's very little on tv at 4:30 in the morning). So I'll give some observations from my virus driven soccer marathon.
-Landon Donovan is a damn fine soccer player. He's either going to become an assist machine or get a ton of goals in the second half of this season.
-I've always been an Eric Wynalda fan. I personally believe he's the best American Soccer analyst that we've got. I say all of this because he just correctly pointed out that Arsenal is a couple mic's and fedora's away from being a boy band. Think about it, Cesc Fabregas as the pretty boy. Thomas Vermaelen as the sweet white boy. Theo Walcott as the bad boy from the wrong side of a leg injury and Nicklas Bendtner as the toolbag.
-I'm sick of people saying that American owners are bad for the EPL. It's not that American owners that are terrible, its idiots owners. Hicks and Gillette are both American and Idiots. They're terrible owners because they are too reliant on Liverpool getting in certain positions and having their offspring sending d-bag emails, not because they understand baseball and live in apartments, not flats. Terrible owners are not specific to certain nationalities (paging mike ashley).
-I can't help but love Marouane Fellaini. Any Belgian that takes hair inspiration from Jimi Hendrix is fine by me.
-I'm fairly happy that I had Nicholas Anelka in my fantasy team, Darren Bent did his part too (and since he was down by a half dozen goals by the time, I'm fairly certain that he scored just for me). If anyone had Sunderlands goal keeper in, send your name and address to me and I'll send you anti-depressants.
-How does Clint Dempsey get injured? I think at this point, I'm 5th in the U.S.'s forward depth chart.
-That being said, Steven Pienaar is a better soccer player then I am.

Finally, i can personally attest that there in a Law and Order on at every hour of the day.

No comments: